What You Should Know About Carbon Monoxide

Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas. When it leaks from a system that is ran through gas, such as a furnace, this can lead to serious health problems or even death. It is recommended that homes have a carbon monoxide detector in them to ensure that no one becomes sick and those that live in the home can evacuate safely if ever there is any detected.

Carbon Monoxide is a Silent Killer

When carbon monoxide leaks, you would not be able to smell it. You wouldn’t be able to see it, either. Therefore, it is a silent killer. Generally, when there is a leak it can happen slow or fast and it can fill up an entire house without anyone knowing that it happened.

When there is not a carbon monoxide detector, the entire family may fall asleep and could die due to not knowing about the leak that is happening throughout the home. It is important to have a detector somewhere in the home. They can be purchased from almost any store.

Additionally, here are some symptoms that can occur if there is a carbon monoxide leak in the home. This leak is one that you should watch out for, but if you do not have a way to detect it, these symptoms can be a clue of the leak.

  • Headache
  • Vomiting
  • Dizziness
  • Fatigue
  • Weakness
  • Blurred vision
  • Trouble breathing
  • Unconsciousness
  • Confusion

If you or someone you know if experiencing these symptoms or all the members in the household are, it is important to seek medical attention right away and have someone check your home for a leak.

Contractors Today provides connections to those HVAC contractors working in your area. Fill out our form below and speak with us today to find out who is working in your area!