Top Reasons to Remove Old Floor Insulation in a Spray Foam Attic
Old floor insulation is not doing anyone any good. It should be replaced with new insulation when it becomes too old to really benefit the home and the family living in the home. The attic is where most of the heat is lost throughout the home. With the use of new, spray foam insulation, this can benefit everyone in the long run.
Reasons to Place Spray Foam in Your Attic Floors
- Old floor insulation is not as efficient or as effective at doing its job. You need to upgrade once the lifespan of the old flooring has run its course.
- Spray foam seals better and keeps cold air out during the winter and hot air out during the summer.
- It is an eco-friendlier option to go with since many of the materials are made to be recyclable.
- It can provide comfort throughout the home since it is keeping the heat and cool air inside the home, instead of having it seep out of the attic roof.
- It reduces the amount of drafts that come in through the attic and find their way into the rest of the home.
- It can lower the energy bills every month since you’re not constantly running the furnace.
- It is long lasting and can provide comfort and cost savings for many years to come.
There are many more reasons why this would be an ideal thing for any homeowner to do. It is best to speak with a professional regarding some of the other reasons and to find out if this is the best course of action to take. When your home is not as comfortable as you’d like it to be, this might be a way to fix the situation. They can provide the best solution to your insulation problem.
Contractors Today is your local resource for the insulation contractors you need for the work at your home or office. Fill out our form below or give us a call today to find out more!