Tips to Prevent Fire in Your Garage
When it comes to preventing fire anywhere in the home, it is important that you know what to do. You don’t want to deal with a fire, so the best way to go about making sure that you don’t have too is by preventing them in the first place. This can be done with some tips to prevent fires within the area where they might be more likely to happen.
The garage can be a safer, more comfortable place to work, park and just store items when you know that a fire is less likely to happen.
There have been over 30 deaths, over 400 injuries and more than $450 million in property loss due to garage fires. Make sure you’re safe when the time comes.
- Store all flammable items away from your home and in an enclosed space that is away from any heat sources. This can be everything from paint to oil and gasoline that might be stored in the area.
- Plug in only one appliance into the outlets throughout the garage, as this will ensure that you do not short circuit the area or cause sparks to happen.
- Never use an extension cord when charging an electronic, as this is more likely to start a fire when it is being used.
- Keep any items that are flammable on shelves, up away from areas that might cause fires. If there is a fire, it is least likely to touch these items if it is caught early enough.
- Keep all fire alarms up to date and in good working condition throughout the garage for further protection.
It is always good to be safe when it comes to fires in the home. You want to make sure that everyone is protected, along with the items that you store inside the garage. When this is done, you can be sure that you’re getting everything that is required.
Want to speak with a contractor for garages in your area? Contractors Today is here to help. Fill out the form below and we can help you get in contact with the best garage door contractors for the area.