Keeping Guests Safe When the Pool is Open
When the pool is open for the season, you’re going to have a lot of people coming and going and wanting to use the pool to cool off in. This is fine if you enjoy having these guests over. However, you want to make sure that everyone is safe when it comes to using the pool and all that comes with it.
Rules for a Safe Pool
Always make sure that everyone is safe when using the pool when you make sure to follow the rules for the pool use.
- Allow those that know how to swim in, but make sure those that do not know how to swim or who might not be strong swimmers have someone with them always that does know how
- Make sure that the fencing around the pool is locked at all times, whether people are in or out of the pool area
- Never swim while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Make sure that everyone is swimming at their own risk and is doing so in a nice manner
- Use only pool rated floatation devices and other toys inside the pool
- Do not dive into the pool headfirst, as this can cause accidents
- Do not run on the pavement outside of the pool since this can cause the person to slip
- Those that are sick or have open wounds shouldn’t swim in the pool for the safety of others
- Make sure that everyone is wearing a swimsuit while in the pool and babies and toddlers have swim diapers on
- Getting in the pool dirty should not be allowed, as this can make the pool dirty
It is always better to be safe than sorry and when you let the pool rules be known to guests, they shouldn’t have a problem following them. This is not only going to keep them safe, but everyone else that might be wanting to use the pool.
Call us here at Contractors Today and we can provide some information on the local swimming pool contractors currently working in the area. If you’d like more information, you can also fill out the form below and we will contact you shortly.