How to Prepare Your Home for the Painters
Hiring professional painters is always a good thing. When it comes to having them do the job that needs to be done, you can make sure that you’re getting the most from what they have to offer. Of course, this also means doing some things for them before they arrive to paint the house.
Some painters may request specific things, sometimes being a good homeowner means just doing them, so the painters don’t have too. Here is a quick checklist of some of the things that may have to be done to prepare the home for the painters.
- Make sure that the walls are completely cleaned down, or the outside of the house is power washed
- Remove any of the objects, furniture or other items that might be in the way
- Choose a paint color ahead of time so that when paint day comes, they can be prepared
- Replace any damages that you find on the walls or on the outside of the home, whatever they will be painting
- Make sure to find out if they need anything to complete the job
- Find out if they do the primer on the walls or if this is something that you should do
- Keep everyone in the household out of their way while they paint, so that accidents can be minimized, and the paint job is perfected
Hiring a professional is always the way to go for that clean, finished look on the walls. Make sure to speak with the painters to find out if they need or want you to do anything specific. You can be prepared for when they come in to provide the paint job.
Get in contact with the professional painters in your area when you call us here at Contractors Today or fill out our form below. We have connections to many of the local professional painters that we can share with you!