Five Questions to Ask a Remodel Contractor Before Hiring
Asking your remodel contractor some questions before you hire them is always a good thing to do. You need to make sure that you learn more about them and what they can do for you. This is a big consideration to keep in mind. When you learn about them, you know whether they’re someone you want to hire.
Here are 5 questions you should always make sure to ask your remodel contractor before you hire them.
- Are you licensed to do the work within this state? – This provides more information on their knowledge, education and background.
- Do you have insurance to do this type of work? Are your employees covered by it too? – This covers them in the event of an accident, but also you.
- Can you provide me with references and past examples of your work? – Always check with the references on the company and look at some of the other work they’ve done to get an idea.
- Do we work together on a contract? – You want a contract and any remodel contractor that tells you that they do not work on a contract is a contractor you don’t want to work with at all.
- Are there certain remodeling things you do not do? – Some contractors won’t touch certain parts of the home because of electricity or plumbing issues in the home. This might not be okay depending on what you want to have done.
Finding a contractor doesn’t have to be hard. Through trial and error and asking the right questions, you should be able to find the contractor that fits with what you need to have done.
Call Contractors Today, we have all the information you need about the local remodel contractors working in your area. You can also fill out the form below for more information.