Checklist for First-time Home Buyers
If you’re a first-time home buyer, then you want to keep this checklist handy. Here are some of the more important things you should think about and look at when choosing the right home (or building one) since you want to make sure it is perfect for you and your family when the time comes to buy.
By having a checklist and knowing the first steps, you can feel more confident being able to go through the process and know what needs to be done, regardless of which way you choose to go when it comes to purchasing or building a home.
- Do you want to buy or build a home?
- Think about the amount of land you want to have
- How big should the house be?
- Do you want an open floor plan?
- Would you enjoy having a home that you can fix up?
- What are some specifics of a house you cannot live without? Example: number of bathrooms, bedrooms, fenced in yard, etc.
- Have you spoken with a bank yet regarding the financing of your home?
- If you’re going to build, speak with a contractor regarding costs and specifics
- Know more about the closing process
- Make sure to look at land and areas ahead of time
- If you’re buying a home, speak with a real estate agent to help you through the process
Choose to move forward with either a home buy or build with the right professionals. When working with someone every step of the way, you can feel more confident being able to have the home of your dreams, regardless of how you choose to go about it.
Contractors Today has connections to the many home building contractors working in your area. Give us a call today or fill out the form below to learn more about them.