10 Ways to Prepare Your Home for Winter
Make sure your prepared for the winter time ahead with these 10 tips. You can keep your home comfortable and in the best working order when you’re prepared ahead of time. The cold air shouldn’t have you down and out or keep your home chilly when everything is put together well and ready to go for when you are!
- Keep up on the maintenance of the furnace and other systems of the home.
- Cover the drafts in the windows and doors throughout the home.
- Make sure you schedule a time to have someone come out and do repairs on the furnace.
- Prevent ice dams from forming on your roofing and in your gutters.
- Have a tune up of the furnace and the other systems of the home done.
- Clean out the gutters and the other areas of the home.
- If expecting snow, take down items that would otherwise be ruined by the weight and heaviness of the snow, such as trampolines.
- Turn off water that runs to the exterior of the home and make sure to stop your lawn irrigation system.
- Stow away your mower, as you won’t need it but replace with the shovel.
- Test your sump pump and make sure it is working correctly.
There are many tips and tricks out there for those tasks that need to be done before the winter. However, having your furnace maintained and tuned up is the best way to go. You want to make sure that you have the best working, most comfortable house when the winter months roll around. Be prepared. You want to make sure everyone can be comfortable, especially when the snow comes around.
Contractors Today connects you with the professional HVAC contractors working in the area. Call us today or fill out the form to learn more!